Tuesday, August 4, 2009

That Time of Year


Well, it is August. Where I live, school starts in about a month.... and the nerves have started. Am I doing the right thing? It isn't too late to enroll my son, who is starting 1st Grade, at the nearby school.... and this would be the latest time to get him into French Immersion.

I seem to go through this a couple of times each year.... in early spring when the nearby schools all put up their signs for Kindergarten Orientation and enrollment meetings - and in August as it moves towards the first day of school.

I spend a lot of time reassuring myself that I am doing the best thing for my family. I also spend a lot of time praying about it. I also know that this feeling will go away soon - until the next nervous season.

I'm hoping that these feelings will fade to memory in the next few years as I see the results from our homeschooling.

In the meantime - it may be time to go on our local homeschooling message list and see if there will be another Annual "Not-Back-To-School picnic" this fall. That always helps.

2 comments:

  1. I just posted a rather passionate defense of homeschooling, especially for the early years, on my blog:
    http://a-large-room.blogspot.com/2009/08/why-homeschool-revisited.html
    I love reading about your Maple Hill Academy. My oldest is also starting 1st grade this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, glad you liked it. I'll check out your article later today.

    ReplyDelete