So - what has been working for us? Well, for quite a while, what has been working for us is CUBS and BEAVERS!
For those that might be confused - I'm not talking about animals.... I'm talking about Scouting. And yes, in Canada - Scouting is Co-Ed! This has worked out well, as Cubs and Beavers for our group meet at the same time, at the same place - so Delta, Echo, and Foxtrot are all at meetings at the same time. Golf "hangs out" with Mike - we say she is in "Wanna-Bee's" because she "wants to be" a Beaver. The more used term for this stage is being a "Bit" - a "Beaver in Training".... And I'm not sure if I've mentioned it - but I'm a Cub leader (again!) with the group now too.
|Back Row - Snowbird Technician; |
Middle Row - Echo, Delta;
Front Row - Foxtrot, Golf
Echo is in her first year of Cubs, having completed 2 years of Beavers. She is also enjoying the program, and has already earned 10 badges and 1 star. She keeps eyeing Delta's badge chart as well as her own, deciding on what to work on next.
Foxtrot is in her first year of Beavers - being thrilled to no longer by a "Wanna-Bee". She is enjoying fun activities, including making a Terrarium yesterday.
|Me as a parent (in the red leader uniform) putting the neckerchief on Foxtrot at her Investiture as a Beaver|
Just a few more points in the week -
- Monday we went to the Remembrance Day Ceremonies.
- Tuesday was a regular school day - with the bonus of having the car.... so we used some audiobooks. We didn't go anywhere too interesting though.
- Wednesday - Mike wasn't feeling well so he worked from home. We didn't do regular school - but we went swimming in the afternoon to allow a quiet house for Mike.
- Thursday - Another regular schoolday - and of course, Cubs and Beavers!
- Friday - Echo and Delta are off to cub camp this evening. We had our regular Friday - which I'll save for another blog.