Well, we had our first day of Grade 1 (and I guess preschool) - and we did do workboxes. And I have to say, the workboxes worked well for us. The only upset was that I only filled 9 boxes instead of all 12!
Delta had 9 boxes - I think they were...
- Math (MEP)
- Puzzle (a fun box - he loves puzzles!)
- Read Along - Canadian History
- Read Along - World History
- Picture Study
- Read Along - Geography
- Stencils (a fun box)
Echo only had 4 boxes (partly because that was the space I had....) She had
- blank paper and crayons (brand new ones!)
- Reading Cards (phonics)
- A worksheet (I bought a few worksheet books for stuff for her to do) - basically colouring
She zoomed through them pretty fast though - I guess there was nothing that different from what she usually does. I need to put in some items she isn't used to, and some more. She played fairly quietly with us.